Visit with us, catch up, and get connected
as we share the journey of becoming parents through adoption.

Monday

A weekend of Hope

We are so amazed by the calls, notes, texts, and face time we have gotten with friends and family since we announced our adoption just a few weeks ago!!  So many of your hearts are so open to this process, I know this baby is going to have more aunts and uncles that he or she will know what to do with!!  We are so blessed to be surrounded with such a supportive network of life.

This weekend, we talked about our little one in the present tense for the first time.  It was not "what are we going to do if we have a baby ..." it was "do we need this upstairs? downstairs? why did we buy a 2-story house?!"  Luckily my parents came over for Sunday dinner and calmed a lot of our fears ... and mom saying she plans on being here whenever we need her helped, too =)

Then we talked about placement ... a part of a baby story most people never know about ... do we hope for the best and take little bitty home from the hospital?  Do we do interim care?  These are the little things that occur to you as an adoptive parent that do not really cross your mind otherwise ... but I had a sense of peace about it for the first time.  I was thinking to myself, I am built for this.  I make people feel comfortable, I am trustworthy, and I am going to make sure there is a relationship there for this birth mom;
  just like God is going to give us her, He is going to give her us.

I like hope.  It is contagious ... and I want to be deep in hope all the time =)

4 comments:

  1. I am so giddy for you! Hoping and praying everyday!!! Can't wait to follow this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, sweet friend!! Keep those prayers coming!! And you are not following, you are walking this journey with us =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truer words have never been spoken regarding the relationship with birth mom. Ours is a lovely relationship, much different than any other relationship I've ever known. It wasn't just being a selection for her baby, it was being a minister to her life as well!

    Love, love, love what's happening right now! If you and Chad ever want a weekend away to just escape for a moment and come meet us strangers and talk about stories and get further inspiration, we're just conveniently located in the N. GA mountains area!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules I love that you know what is happening and can see a little further down the path than we can!! I mentioned visiting last night and Chad and I both agree we would LOVE to!! It is time to take this relationship to the next level =)

    ReplyDelete